Tebay railway station was situated on the Lancaster and Carlisle Railway (the West Coast Main Line) between Lancaster and Penrith. It served the village of Tebay, Cumbria, England. The station opened in 1852, and closed on 1 July 1968. It was the western terminus of the South Durham & Lancashire Union Railway from opening in 1861 until closure in January 1962. It was also the northern terminus of the Ingleton Branch Line from 1861 to 1954.
A steam locomotive shed was located on the west side of the line just south of the station and provided banking locomotive assistance for heavy trains up the steep 1 in 75 gradient to the nearby Shap summit. This was closed in 1968 shortly before steam locomotives were entirely withdrawn from British Railways main line scheduled services.
The station buildings and platforms were subsequently demolished in the early 1970s prior to the electrification of the route and no trace of the station now remains, although the down goods loop and several sidings are still in use.