Isuzu (五十鈴 軽巡洋艦 Isuzu keijun'yōkan) was one of six Nagara-class cruisers in the Imperial Japanese Navy. It was named after the Isuzu River, near Ise Shrine in the Chūbu region of Japan.
Isuzu was the second of the six vessels completed in the Nagara-class of light cruisers, and like other vessels of her class, she was intended for use as the flagship of a destroyer flotilla.
Isuzu was completed at the Uraga Dock Company shipyards on 15 August 1923. Shortly after completion, Isuzu was assigned to patrol duty on the Yangtze River. As the war situation with China continued to deteriorate, Isuzu was sent to patrol the coasts of central China, and to cover landings of Japanese troops in southern China.